Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why I want to be a correspondent?

‘Why I would like to be a part of the Correspondents team?’ – The email that asked me this question, also included the delightfully uncomplicated answer – “…the writer in us is looking for a medium to express”. Another response from me would be – because I like to tell stories, create those vivid images in your mind, capture your attention as if it were mine to play around with, and then leave you with not just a tale to remember, but a thought to ponder.

Other noteworthy reasons may include all or some or none of the following:

I think the business research experience has shaped me such that I like to take a ‘profound-plunge’ (a.k.a. ‘deep-dive’) into the complex topic of investigation. Then, I assimilate the facts, and reproduce a detailed yet easy to follow story, minus the jargon.

The reporting ‘assignments’ (should it work that way) would allow me the opportunity to probe into issues, sometimes difficult, that I might not otherwise pay explicit attention to. Thus, I would get to learn new things even without trying, or at least without feeling like I am trying.

Though you would like to believe I write long sentences, emotionally rich text, am often surreal, I am also very comfortable in ‘cutting the crap’ and being concise. Regardless of my occasionally outlandish ways of expression, I am very much open to working under strict controls (read formal communication, official language, etc.).

Creating weird humor is my forte. However, my sense of humor is also very adjustable, from intolerably cheesy to endearingly professional.

If I want to satisfy my desire to hold public attention, for that one fleeting moment of popularity, then being a correspondent would serve me well.

Yes, I have been part of teams producing newsletters or similar literature, in college and at work.
Hope you find the above information useful. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment